We tried to keep Spaced Out simple to play, but as the features and weapons grew (and they keep growing!) we knew that we had to write everything down somewhere. This section is it.
Choose from the topics listed at the left to get an explaination for how to start and play Spaced Out 3. Hopefully, we've covered everything you need to know. If not, please post your questions in the forums. They will be answered promptly.
Quick Primer for Those With Short Attention Spans:
1. Download, install and run the game
2. Set your name and graphics level options - If you lag a bit, try a lower res..
3. Try the Single Player mode first to learn how to fly and fight.
4. Select a ship type, spend money on weapons and such, then go to game to play against bots.
5. Fly with the arrow keys
6. Shoot various weapons with the Z, X, C and V keys.
7. The bar above your ship is your health meter. The lower one is energy. Your shielding and some weapons require energy, so don't run out.
8. Shoot stuff. Get it all out of your system.
9. Try Join Net mode. see if anyone is online. If not, and you have a fast PC and internet connection, try the Host mode. You will play against bots until someone joins. In these modes you gain credits and can upgrade your ship.